The 17 wonderful
advantages in favor of
WANT / MANCO-lists ;>)
decide the price of the goods yourself
( price of goods = cost price + profit for supplier )
2) You can haggle on the price for as many hours you feel like, without the seller getting annoyed.
3) There is no non-capitalized rebate chance included in the price, that you will miss out on.
4) You yourselves decide how fast or how slow, you want the goods to be obtained.
5) You know the price upfront. This means that you never pay more for the goods, than you want
to, – and you neither will be paying less than the price you have fixed yourself.
6) The supplier / consultant is in his cost price able to go very close to that price of goods, you have fixed and still be able to make a profit.
7) The supplier only get that humble and fair profit, you yourself have decided, when you fixed the price of goods. Thus you do not need to bear gnawing worries concerning the size of profit for the supplier.
8) The supplier / consultant knows, he can sell the goods to you for that price, you yourself have fixed.
9) You save endless hours of your own time, by having a supplier / consultant to do the work involved in obtaining the goods.
10) You are drawing on the expertise and connections of a supplier / consultant – expertise you yourselves might not have the time or possibility to acquire – and you will get no extra charges for consultatory assistance.
11) The expertise of the supplier / consultant see to, that the aggregated factors relating to the goods for condition + rarity + time factor + profit + special requirements is matching the price, you did fix yourself.
12) The supplier / consultant is drawed attention to the fact, that you are serious, and how serious you are, and you will obtain equal serious treatment.
13) Goods you are able to obtain yourself you do not need to put on the list – but you are allowed to.
14) You can content yourself to add to the list only goods, which you either can not obtain yourself or which you do not feel induced to obtain yourself.
15) The want / manco- list create growth to your collection of goods, which you yourself have not been able / induced to obtain.
16) At any time – before the goods are obtained – you can report, that you want to cancel out goods from the want / manco- list.
17) There are no dis-advantages.
- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Example: a theoretical article has according to law been fixed to a market price of 10.000 $.
You put this article in your want / manco- list and state, that you for this article are willing to pay
A) $ 6.000 - thus you know, that the article will never be obtained
B) $ 8.000 - thus you know, there is only a slim chance that the article after a long, long waiting time is to be obtained. And that only if a seller goes broke, and absolutely no-one else in the market is willing to buy, and no other want / manco- lists include the article
C) $ 10.500 - thus you know, that the article will be obtained in some kind of time range, which will approximately match the usual frequency in the market
D) $ 12.000 - thus you know, that the supplier / consultant is making a little more effort in obtaining the article relatively quick
E) $ 15.000 - thus you know, that the supplier / consultant fairly quickly will obtain the desired article
F) $ 25.000 - thus you know, that the supplier / consultant will bring the article next week
WANT / MANCO-LIST for (name): Date:
Kindly on my behalf obtain the articles listed below, for which I at delivery am willing to pay the amounts quoted: (possible special demands are to be specified).
In case of an upper limit in total purchases, do write a maximum amount for buying here:1)_________________________________ price:
The want/manco-list then is distributed by yourself to various connections of your own choice. Alternatively one could advertize in various printed media.
collectors are unwilling or reluctant to reveal how much they are willing to
pay. Asking someone how much money they have is like asking ladies of a certain
age how old they are. The answer could easily reveal whether you are a
cheapskate, daft, ('You really thought you'd buy a three-year-old Porsche for
3000 dollars ?') or simply impecunious, and people do not wish to be thought of
as lacking, whether in brain or purchasing power."
Moneta-List, dec. 2000
[Quote:] "There is one really big advantage in particular by using of want / manco-lists including buying price.
The non-serious collectors do not fill them in !"
Morten Eske Mortensen,
Back to MEM homepage